Setting up the custom fields
1. When setup correctly, QXpress can overwrite the following fields on a QuickBooks invoice with a field from the custom fields at the service level: 'FOB', 'Invoice #', and 'P.O. No.'
2. In My Calendar click on any service.
3. Click Schedule > Edit.
4. Click on the Edit Custom Fields... tab.
5. Click on a custom field under the Field name column. Normally you will be using fields that are of Field type 'Character'. However, if you want to use a drop-down list for 'FOB' you may.
6. Rename this field by typing out one of the following names: 'P.O. No.', 'FOB', 'Invoice #'. These names must be spelt out exactly as they are above (without the single quotation marks).
7. Click OK.
Editing a service
1. In My Calendar, click on a service that has not yet been invoiced, and has the status of 'On Route' or 'Done'.
2. Click Schedule > Edit.
3. Click on the Custom Fields tab.
4. Enter a value for any or all of the 'FOB', 'P.O. No.' or 'Invoice #' custom fields.
5. Click OK.
6. Click on the General tab, and set the status of this service to 'Done'.
7. Click Invoices > Generate Invoices, and generate an invoice for this service. Depending on the template in QXpress, you may find that none of the fields actually show on the QXpress invoice template. You may edit the template if you like, but these fields will post to QuickBooks regardless of whether you edit the template in QXpress.
Posting to QuickBooks
1. Click Post To QuickBooks > Invoices.
2. Select the invoices you want to post, and then click Post to QB.
3. Open QuickBooks and locate this invoice. You should now notice the values show in the appropriate fields. If you do not even see these fields, follow the steps in 'Editing your QuickBooks template' below.
Editing your QuickBooks template
1. In QuickBooks, click Customers > Create Invoices.
2. Beside the 'template' label, click Customize.
3. Click Edit.
4. Click on the Fields tab.
5. Make sure you have a checkbox beside the appropriate QuickBooks fields.