This article explains how to troubleshoot issues with QXpress crashing when clicking Start on the Login Form, or upon clicking the ‘Refresh Passwords’ button on the Login Form.
Sometimes you may get a Windows message of “QXpress Scheduling Software for QuickBooks Has Stopped Working” when trying to log into QXpress or refresh a password on the Login Form. This is the result of a security update for Windows 7 computers that is preventing QXpress from functioning properly.
The security update can be safely uninstalled from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Close out of QXpress if it is still open on the Login Form.
2. Go to your Control Panel Programs and Features View Installed Updates
3. Wait for the page to finish loading the updates on your computer.
4. In the search bar at the top right, search for kb2698365.
5. It should appear in the list below. Right click it and choose uninstall.
6. If you are prompted to restart your computer after uninstalling it, do so. If not, launch QXpress and you should be able to refresh passwords if needed and log in by clicking on Start.
To prevent that update from being reinstalled:
1. Restart the computer.
2. Open your Control Panel, navigate to the Windows Update page, and then Check For Updates.
3. Wait while Windows checks for updates. This can take several minutes. You should then get a list of available updates that can be installed.
4. Find the update number of 'kb2698365'. Right click that update and choose hide. This will prevent the update from being reinstalled on your computer.
Note: This solution is for Windows 7 computers and related servers operating systems only.