Before performing a full uninstall and reinstall of QXpress, it is extremely important to backup your QXpress database files. These files hold all of your company information.
To perform this procedure, do the following:
1. Create a new folder on your Desktop and name it QXBackup.
2. Open My Computer and navigate to the folder at C:\Program Files\QXpress. Select all of the files of type .MDE or Microsoft Office Access MDE Database and copy them into your QXBackup folder on your desktop.
3. Make sure QuickBooks and QXpress are closed.
4. Click Start > Control Panel.
5. Click Add/Remove Programs.
6. Remove or uninstall all versions of QXpress.
7. Remove or uninstall Alocet PDF Writer.
8. Open My Computer and navigate to C:\Program Files.
9. Delete the QXpress folder.
10. Download the following file: http://www.qxpress.com/downloads/qxinstall.exe
11. Once the file has finished downloading, run the QXInstall.exe file.
12. Click Next to all prompts.
13. Once the installation is complete, launch QXpress. The Continue with Free Trial screen may appear. At the bottom right of the screen, click ‘I am already a user’. The QXpress Login Form will appear. If you do not see your registration information, click the Register button.
14. The QXpress Username and QXpress password will need to be entered. Also, make sure the correct version of QXpress has been selected beside Choose Version.
15. To reopen the QXpress database, click the File button. See the related links on restoring or reopening the QXpress database.